Time to set yourself up for success for the new year. In order to do this, it’s time to sweep up the mess you’ve created. That’s why today is Saturday Sweep Up!
What does this mean? It’s time to open your fridge and pantry. Take a good look at everything inside and say goodbye. You need to throw out everything with ingredients you can’t read or understand. It’s time to cut out all the bad.
- Toss items with processed sugar
- Ex: Corn Syrup, Fructose, MaltoDextrin, Dextrose
- Toss the hydrogenated oils and processed food
- Ex: White Bread, Non Dairy Creamer, Fast Food, Donuts
Some items you should start adding to your grocery list:
- Brown Rice
- Sweet Potatoes
If you need more options check out the Low Glycemic Diet. Following this plan helps you maintain energy throughout the day. Cutting processed sugar out of your diet will naturally give you more energy since you’ll no longer have that spike in your blood sugar.
Diet is 90% of your health. It’s important to know the basics.
- Purchase a food scale. Start weighing your food so you become familiar with portion control.
- Food Prep. By preparing all your meals in advance you’ll have healthy go to options and you’ll be less inclined to make bad choices.
- Count your calories. Download MyFitnessPal app on your phone and let the app do the work for you.
- Purchase a see through water bottle that holds at least 24oz. Work up to drinking 5 of these throughout the day. Yes, that’s a gallon of water!
Making changes in your diet will improve your overall health. Start off with a clean slate and go to the grocery store today so starting tomorrow you will be prepared.